The Vjosa n'Fest festival was held on April 28, 29 and 30, 2023 in the city of Përmet from 9:00 a.m. until the early hours of the morning where hundreds of visitors who had traveled from various cities of Albania and other countries participated.
An all-encompassing festival with diverse activities such as music concerts with popular bands and DJs, sports activities and craft fairs.
Promotion of local businesses had a special focus, therefore a database was created for each category included in the festival such as Rafting, Hiking, Trekking etc. of the city. A database was also created with all accommodation structures located in the city and surrounding villages.
The declaration of the Vjosa River as a "National Park" has made the protection of the environment a priority. Consequently, tourism has become a unifying goal, with the potential to position the area as a competitive tourist destination, with value in the national, regional and global market.
The main activities that were held during the Festival are:
- Folk music concerts, live, DJ.
- Craft and culinary fair.
- Children's area with popular games, balloon making and many other fun activities.
- Outdoor sports and activities such as rafting on the Vjosa river,
- Daily guide, cultural trekking in the 18th century church of Leusa, hiking in the Thermal Waters of Benja, hiking in the Bredhi i Hotova national park.
- HotAir Baloons, the big gas balloon, was positioned in the city center and gave the attendees the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the city of Përmet, during the controlled take-off and landing.
- Horse riding for horse enthusiasts.
- Mountain Bike Fest.
For more information visit the website of Vjosa n'Fest .
Articles The Balkanista